1. Enter the GFW Interactive Map.
2. Turn on the Forest Change data layer you wish to analyze (e.g., tree cover loss).
3. Define the time period you wish to analyze by dragging the handles of the timeline or by selecting a time interval.
4. Select the Analyze and Subscribe icon on the right-hand side of the map, and choose “Country or region.”
5. Choose the country and/or region you are interested in from the drop down menu.
6. Click “Analyze” in the right-hand window and the analysis results will appear.
7. If you want to adjust the time period you are analyzing, simply drag the handles on the timeline or select a different time interval.
8. If you want to change the type of data, you can also choose a different data set under the Forest Change menu on the map. Your results will update immediately based on your selection.
9. You can then subscribe to the activated forest change alerts for the area by clicking the “Subscribe” button, download the data for your area of interest directly from the map (not available for all Forest Change data), or discard your analysis.
10. NOTE: You can also analyze forest change within a country from the Country Profiles. Once you arrive at the Country Profiles, select a country and, if desired, select a subnational jurisdiction (e.g., state, county, province) using the drop-down menu under the country name. Click “analyze on map.” You will then be directed to the map and results will appear for an analysis of tree cover loss and gain.