On the Forest Watcher website, you can manage areas of interest that you already created and set up new ones. Any changes will be synced with the mobile app the next time you open it.
1. Go to the Forest Watcher website and click on “Access Desktop App” at the bottom of the page. Log in with the same Facebook, Google, or Twitter account that you used to log in to the mobile app.
2. The landing page will show any areas that you set up in the mobile app.
3. To manage an existing area:
- Click on the pencil button for any of your areas of interest.
- The “Manage Area” screen will show your area on a map. Click on the pencil tool on the right side of the map to edit the boundaries of your area. You can then drag the points of your area to change its shape. Click “Save” when you’re done.
- You can also rename your area of interest using the text box at the bottom of the map.
- Click the green “SAVE” button when you’re done editing your area of interest.
4. To create a new area of interest:
- Click on “ADD AREA”.
- Zoom in to a location on the map by using the "search country" box and then double clicking or using the zoom button in the top right corner of the map.
- Click on the Polygon button on the right side of the map to start drawing a shape.
- Click on the map to create a shape. After your second click, you will start to see the borders of the shape.
- You can then use the pencil tool to make any changes to the shape.
- Type in a name for your area in the textbox on the bottom of the map.
- Click the green “SAVE” button to save your AOI.
- The next time you open the mobile app, your new area will appear.
If you make a mistake, simply click the “delete last point” button on the top right corner of the map.
Click on the first point to close your shape. Note: There is a limit on the size of areas of interest. If you are monitoring a large area, you may need to create two or more smaller areas: a warning will show on the app if your area is too large.