1. Enter the GFW Interactive Map.
2. Turn on the data set with the area of interest you want to subscribe to (Note: You can subscribe to a shape within any data set that’s made up of individual polygons – e.g., tree plantations, mining concessions, protected areas, country data sets, etc.)
3. Turn on the Forest Change data layer you wish to subscribe to (e.g., tree cover loss).
4. Click on the shape you want to subscribe to.
5. Click “Subscribe” in the pop up window and you will be prompted to 1) Log in using your Twitter, Facebook, or Google account (the first time you log in you will be prompted to create a profile), 2) Enter the email address where you would like to receive notifications for the subscription, 3) Name your subscription, and 4) Click the link sent to your email to confirm the subscription.
6. Note: You will only be subscribed to the activated forest change data set. You can create multiple subscriptions if you would like to subscribe to more than one Forest Change data set. Please be aware that not all alert systems may cover the area you selected, and not all forest change data sets are supported by the subscription feature. To learn more about each system, click on the information icons that appear in Forest Change drop-down menu on the GFW Interactive Map.
7. To view and manage your subscriptions, click on “Visit your saved subscriptions” in the “Subscription saved” pop-up window, or click on “Subscriptions” in the drop-down menu from the My GFW icon.