1. Enter the GFW Interactive Map.
2. Turn on the Forest Change data layer you wish to subscribe to (e.g., tree cover loss).
3. Select the Analyze and Subscribe icon on the right-hand side of the map, and choose “Country or region.”
4. Choose the country and/or region you are interested in from the drop down menu.
5. Click “Subscribe” in the right-hand window and you will be prompted to 1) Log in using your Twitter, Facebook, or Google account (the first time you log in you will be prompted to create a profile), 2) Enter the email address where you would like to receive notifications for the subscription, 3) Name your subscription, and 4) Click the link sent to your email to confirm the subscription.
6. Note: You will only be subscribed to the activated forest change data set. You can create multiple subscriptions if you would like to subscribe to more than one Forest Change data set. Please be aware that not all alert systems may cover the area you selected, and not all forest change data sets are supported by the subscription feature. To learn more about each system, click on the information icons that appear in Forest Change drop-down menu on the GFW Interactive Map.
7. To view and manage your subscriptions, click on “Visit your saved subscriptions” in the “Subscription saved” pop-up window, or click on “Subscriptions” in the drop-down menu from the My GFW icon.